A period of rehabilitation after detoxification is essential to address under lying physiological issues that are at the root of the compulsive behaviour.
During their rehab placement our residents are helped to explore their feelings and emotions, patterns of negative thinking and their day to day relationships with others, all of which may have contributed to the addictive behaviours.
Our recovery programme addresses the emotional issues and symptoms associated with addictive behaviours including, isolation, stress, anxiety, depression, anger and low self-esteem.
Our professional support helps to develop our resident's confidence, regain self-esteem and self-belief to achieve an abstinent life with meaning and purpose, moving from dependence to independence.
The community works in groups through a 7 day week structured programme of recovery activities, all residents are required to actively participate.
We believe in a holistic approach to recovery which addresses mental, physical and spiritual health.
Our programme is client focussed and resident's recovery plans are jointly reviewed and agreed to meet their differing needs.
The programme includes:-
- Daily structured programme of education and awareness group activity sessions including; effects of alcohol and drugs, gambling, relapse prevention, looking at change, self awareness, understanding anxiety, stress, depression, health and nutrition
- Regular one-to-one psychodynamic counselling with our experienced addiction counsellors
- Introduction to the 12 step programme of recovery and attendance at AA/NA/GA and other fellowship meetings
- Meditation and Mindfulness
- Daily therapeutic duties around the house, allotment and in the grounds
- Gym, swimming and sauna at the local leisure centre
- Specialist auricular acupuncture for detox and addiction
- Walking and other outdoor activities
Staff are on-site 24/7 and residents are always escorted by staff members when they are off-site at meetings or activities such as gym and walking sessions.
To support residents and improve their overall health and wellbeing our meals are freshly prepared and cooked on site by our dedicated catering staff.
There is also a range of support available from external specialist organisations to assist with housing, debt, employment and benefit issues if required.