This Privacy Notice is effective from 1st May 2018
This Privacy Notice gives you information on how ESH Works Ltd Company No. 07096098 which includes ESH Community Residential Treatment Centre (collectively “ESH Works”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) collect and process your personal data and your rights in relation to the data we hold about you.
ESH Works is a “data controller” for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and (from 25 May 2018) the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. This means that we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information.
We will update this Privacy Notice from time to time. When we do change the notice, we will post an update on our website.
ESH Works takes data protection and confidentiality very seriously. This Privacy Notice covers:
- How to contact us
- When and what personal data do we collect
- How we use your personal data
- How we store your personal data
- Protection of your personal data
- Sharing your personal information
- Young persons
- Disclosure to third parties
- Accuracy and retention of personal information
- Your rights
We collect personal data about our potential clients, residents and colleagues so please make sure that you read this notice and get in touch if you have any questions.
How to get in touch:
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice or how we process your information or if you would like to make a complaint about a possible data breach please contact us:
By email using Contact Us or write to us at :
ESH Works Ltd
Holt Cottage Farm
Welsh Road East
We take data security extremely seriously and all such communications are examined and replies issued where appropriate as soon as possible.
If you are unsatisfied with the reply you receive, you may refer and address your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ico.org.uk).
When and what personal data do we collect:
You may be asked to provide your personal information anytime you are in contact with ESH Works. We may also combine it with other information to provide and improve our services.
You are not required to provide the personal information that we may request, but, if you chose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our services or respond to any queries you may have.
ESH Works will collect information from you in various ways, including when you:
- Contact us by any means with queries, complaints or ask a question about addiction treatment
- Register with us for treatment or rehabilitation
- Ask a question about addiction treatment
- Voluntarily complete our surveys or provide us with feedback
- Using the contact page on our website
- Engage with us on social media
- Book an appointment with us or attend an event/programme that we are running
- Have given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you
Here are some examples of the types of personal information we may collect and how we may use it:
- Personal contact details (i.e. name, postal address, e-mail and contact number)
- Date of birth
- National insurance number
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Religious or philosophical beliefs
- Physical and mental health information
- Health and medical records
- Financial information
- Passport details
- Accommodation and residency information
- Username (e.g. any name you use on a social media site or a NHS website)
- Online identifier / IP address (where you visit our website)
- Social media identifier
If our services are commissioned for you by third parties (your GP, local authorities, clinical commissioning groups, private medical insurers etc.) they will provide us with a variety of information, including your name, postal address, telephone number, email address and, medical/educational history.
During the course of your time with us we will keep information about you in your personal records with details of any care and/or treatment that you are having.
How we use your personal data:
We will rely on the following factors (as applicable) as the basis for processing your personal information:
- It is necessary for the performance of a contract with us
- It is necessary to comply with mandatory legal or statutory obligations
- It is necessary for public interest
- It is necessary to protect the vital interest of you or other persons, such as your health and wellbeing
- It is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests as data controller to continue processing your personal data in a way that we have previously done (however, we will not allow our interest to override your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms)
- Consent, whereby you have consented to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes
The personal information we collect and store about you allows us to provide services to you. We also use it to help us develop, operate, deliver, and improve the quality of the care we provide or, more generally, the type of services that we offer.
From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices to you or to those acting on your behalf, such as updates to your care and/or treatment plans or changes to our terms, conditions and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with ESH Works, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our services and our communication with you.
How we store your personal data:
Any personal information which we may collect, record or use in any way, whether on paper, online or any other media, will have appropriate safeguards applied in line with our data protection obligations.
We have appropriate and adequate technical and administrative processes in place to make sure that all your information is kept secure.
Protection of your personal data:
ESH Works takes the security of your personal information very seriously. To make sure your personal information is protected, we have a series of technical and administrative measures in place.
Access is limited only to those of our employees who need to access it to provide services to you.
These privacy safeguards are monitored and strictly enforced.
Your information is processed in the UK and European Economic Area (EEA).
Sharing your personal information:
ESH Works will not share your personal information with any third party that intends to use it for direct marketing purposes.
ESH Works only supports adults aged 18 and over.
Disclosure to third parties:
There may be circumstances where ESH Works will need to share your information with third parties. We will only share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Where you have given your consent to the information being shared
- Where there are issues or concerns affecting your wellbeing or the wellbeing of others
- Where there is a legal requirement or contractual obligation to share the information
Personal information of our service users may also need to be shared with third parties for example to make arrangements for funding and/or payment of services received.
Additionally, in the event of a reorganisation, merger, or sale of ESH Works or any part of it, we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Accuracy and retention of personal information:
ESH Works makes it easy for you to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date. If any of your personal information changes please let us know so that we can update our records.
We are legally required to hold certain information about you for a set period of time.
The length of time we keep your information for these purposes will vary depending on the obligations we need to meet. All personal information will be deleted or securely destroyed at the appropriate time and we will not keep your personal information for longer than is required or permitted by law.
Your communications with ESH Works (including by telephone or email) may be monitored and/or recorded for training, quality control and compliance purposes to ensure that we continuously improve our customer service standards and to enable us to deliver our services to you.
You have various in relation to how ESH Works uses your information and these are:
- You are entitled to see what personal information we hold about you at any time. If you wish to access your personal information, please make a data subject access request using contact details set out above.
- You have a right to receive clear and easy to understand information on what personal information we have, why and who we share it with.
- If the personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected.
- You have the right to request that all data held by ESH Works which identifies you is deleted but please note ESH Works may be compelled to maintain your information due to specific legislative or regulatory requirements.
- Whenever you have given us consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
- When we collect your personal data for marketing purposes we will ask you if we can use your data for such purposes or if we can disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
- You have the right to ask us not to process or use your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- You can ask us to provide you or a third party with some of the personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, electronic form, so it can be easily transferred.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device by websites you visit.
They are widely used in order to ensure websites work efficiently, alongside providing insight about the volume of visitors to the website and how visitors move around the website which can assist to develop the user website experience.